Geele Hardware Company opened its doors in 1850, years before Sheboygan became a city in 1853, according to Press clippings provided by Beth Dippel of the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center.

Francis Geele and Edwin Gaertner formed a partnership to start a retail hardware store in the Warren House. A year later, John H. Plath bought an interest, and later, he and Geele bought out Gaertner’s interest. In 1867, Geele bought out Plath’s interest.

Full Story